BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ARC32 and Ultrasonic Module
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 pm 
Citizen

Hello
I have the phoniex hexapod with 18 servos and ARC32. is it passible to add Ultrasonic Module and run the hexapod by itself?

Post subject: Re: ARC32 and Ultrasonic Module
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm 
Master

As you did not give specific module you wish to work, hard to say for sure, but I my guess is that you should be able to get it connected...

Also assuming that that module does not need tons of computational power and/or memory and/or IOs... Then yes you could develop code to make your Phoenix autonomous. But this will require you to write the code that takes the inputs from the device(s) and decide what the Phoenix should do, like walk foreword, lift body higher...

Kurt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 am 
Citizen

Im sorry Im really new but im still learning what do u mean with "specific module"
what I have is Phoenix_Arc32_PS2 code only but i dont know how to connect PS2 to ARC32

can u help me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hes asking what ultra sonic module are you trying to connect. WIthout know what manufacturers part number it is we can't look up information on how to connect it. There is no such thing as a standard interface for untrasonic modules. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:56 am 
Citizen

ohh im sorry
what i'm talking about is Ultrasonic Module HC-SR04 Distance Sensor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 pm 
Master

Yes, it looks like you can connect that sensor up to the Arc32. It will take 2 IO pins to connect it. My quick look at it, gives me the impression that you would do a pulsout command on one IO pin to start to do a ping and then probably a pulsin commnd on the other IO pin to get the distance... But the one description was a bit vague so I am not 100% sure if the results is by the width of the resultant pulse, or the time difference from when the input was requested, until the output goes high... So would probably have to experiment some to figure it out. Then would do simple conversion tests to convert into distance...

As for connecting the PS2 to the Arc32. Note: I don't have any of the newer Arc32's, but I believe it would work the same. I had mine connected to the IO pins on the AUX2 connector. Not sure what connectors you have for your PS2, so can not give specific instructions, but the 4 IOs (Dat, CMD, SEL, CLK) would connect to IO pins 40-43. In addition the ground would need to go to one of the ground pins and the power pin would need to go to a pin on the ARC32 with VCC. Could be if one of the pin groups has VCC, could use the power on one of them, or could use the VCC side of the power jumpers from a group you choose VSS for those IO pins

Kurt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

There is also a VCC pin on the Aux header as well.