www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: C Library for ARC32?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm 
New User

Hi All,

Any word on a C library for the ARC32?

Personally, I'm a C/C++ programmer and feel much more comfortable in C than in BASIC. I have owned an ARC32 for awhile now, and have yet to come across a library specific to this board. I can work in BASIC, but honestly it's just not my preference to. One of the attractions for me to pick the ARC32 over some of the other offerings out there was support for C, not to mention the amazing list of features it has. :)

I understand the attraction for many people of the BASIC and that this language is the primary one for the Basic Micro line. I am not looking to get into a discussion about the pros/cons of one language over another. Each language has a role to fill, and each fulfills there role spectacularly in my opinion. There are several threads on this forum that approach C for Basic Micro products and it seems like they always turn into *that* "pros/cons-of-each" discussion~ I'm just curious if anything is in the works or if we'll see some more support for C in the future.

So, any chance we'll see a C library for the ARC32?

Post subject: Re: C Library for ARC32?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 am 
Master

There have been a few of us that have played around with this. I have a few different threads that mention it up on the Lynxmotion website, such as:
http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6196 (Running Phoenix code on Bap28).

I was working on libraries that worked for Bap28/Bap40/Arc32. The tool set is pretty primitive using studio. That is if you (like me) want to build libraries, you have to do that external from the IDE. Also had to hack up the linker scripts to get it to load my libraries. Note: The title of the thread I mention says Bap28, but I believe on the last page included a version of the code that implemented a lot of Arc32 type code including something like the HSERVO code...

Likewise MinionBuilder is building libraries to do quite a few things as you can see in this thread: http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6136
I don't know if he has done anything for the Arc32 yet. It is very similar to Bap40, but IO pins map differently, HSERVO2 hardware support...

Good Luck
Kurt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:38 am 
New User

/waves to parralax
orders shipped :D

I also found this before you sent me here:
http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=45

KurtEck is that you? (ignore, I see, different boards!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 am 
New User

Hey Kurt,

When I compile your "CArc32_pheonix" it gets to linking and throws a
C:\PROGRA~1\BASICM~1\BASICM~1\H8300-~1\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-coff\3.2-GNUH8_v0301\..\..\..\..\h8300-coff\bin\ld.exe: cannot find C:\Users\Kurt\Desktop\LynxMotion\C-Projects\BAPLib\bap40sup.a

I've not done the nmake stuff yet (just expecting it to throw a general linking error), but I cant seem to find where its referring to "C:\Users\Kurt\Desktop\LynxMotion\C-Projects\BAPLib"

Any thoughts?

Re above.
Its in the ".xlc" files