BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ARC-32 SSC32 emulator code
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:57 pm 
Master

Stock "out of the box" ARC-32 on a 9v battery.

I had powered up the board before, and saw the same flashing LEDs (could use the source to that so that I can reload it.)

The compiler appeared to work correctly, and I programmed with a mini USB cable. Flashing LED program would appear to be erased and the new program with it's sign-on loaded. It gets most of the first word out.

Others on the LM forum run into problems with non-stock USB cables on BasicAtom chips; setup of the USB (latency?) appears to help them. However, I got a program and verify (?) cycle completed satisfactory, which should have been the hardest to accomplish with a mis-configured USB connection. And I know this program hadn't been loaded before.

8x previously loaded.

I mis-spoke, I hadn't connected up the board to my development system.

Any suggested settings for the USB?

Alan KM6VV

Acidtech wrote:
What is your powersupply? This same board worked on your main development computer? Also just to be safe don't let the installer uninstall the previous version. Go into add/remove programs and remove the previous version and then install the latest version. It sounds like you had 8.X installed previously?

So programming code to the ARC32 whent fine? Or is the "Starting" from code oyu had perviously loaded using your main computer?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:47 pm 
Master

Edit:
Added another hserout line after the "starting" signon, and it gets output as well to the terminal. I noticed that a hserout2 was used to send the version command, so I suspect it hangs there. do I need another cable? Aux?

I have the B0100 document, are there other documents? Com is working, but I suspect more setup (2nd terminal?) might be needed. I can go ahead and work on my "MicroMoose" code, but I'd like to know more about your demo program (and it's needs).

Thanks!

Alan KM6VV

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

I looked at my ssc32 emulator.bas file but don't see any hserout2 commands at all? So I'm guess I'm not understanding which program you are loading? Attached is another copy of my ssc32 emulator code for ARC32. Is it identical to what you are loading?

If you are talking about some other code please post it.

If you aren't talking about the SSC32 emulator code can you start a new thread on it, thanks.

Attachments:
ssc32-emulator.bas [18.87 KiB]
Downloaded 483 times

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 pm 
Master

Right file name, wrong code! No comments in the program I was loading, other then " ; ARC32 from nathan". After studying it, it looks like it is a set of commands for the RoboClaw. That's starting to sound familiar. Two hserial ports would explain.

Sorry for the confusion! I hadn't gotten too far into the code, I should have realized that it was not the emulator code.

Thanks for the "real" emulator code.

Alan KM6VV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:27 am 
New User

Hi Nathan, I am trying to compile this with the new BMS 2.0.0.4 and I keep getting the following errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BasicMicro\Basic Micro Studio\bin\ld.exe : Unsupported .stab relocation
c:\users\documents\arc-32\ssc32-emulator2.o(.text+0xcfd): undefined reference to `hservo_coNt'
C:\Program Files (x86)\BasicMicro\Basic Micro Studio\bin\ld.exe : Unsupported .stab relocation
c:\users\documents\arc-32\ssc32-emulator2.o(.text+0xcfd): relocation truncated to fit: DISP8 hservo_coNt+ffffffff

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:09 pm 
Master

Yep, I downloaded the source file you posted Aug 27th and it had a few problems
SetHserial -> SetHSerial1

hserin 1,main,... -> either
hserin main, 1,
or
hserin 1, main, 1,

Once those are taken care of then I also received the undefined error messages...

Kurt

P.S. - Also don't need the enablehserial, enablehserial2, enablehservo commands...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Damn, another typo. I'll have an updated Studio up later today. Here is the updated SSC/ARC32 code for Studio 2.X.

Attachments:
ssc32-emulator.bas [18.87 KiB]
Downloaded 526 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:45 pm 
New User

Thank you Nathan.

Btw, do you know why after I compile it and upload it to my ARC-32, get stuck here?

Code:
index var word
eekey var word
readdm REGKEY,[eekey.byte1,eekey.byte0]
if(eekey<>0xA55A)then
   gosub ResetRegisters
endif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps getting stuck there is a problem with the onboard eeprom. The onboard eeprom is an i2c eeprom. So if it fails to communicate properly you could end up frozen there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm 
New User

I am a newbee with this board thinking about getting one to replace my BotBoard and SSC-32 combo I have been using for years.
1. With this code can the ARC32 replace a SSC-32 and BOTboard?
2. And if so, will the sequencer program still work the same? You can move the sliders and the servos move, etc..
3. Can you store sequences on the board, from the lynx sequencer and still right code for sensors etc.?
Thanks for the help

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 pm 
Master

Hi Rebel,

Awhile ago I ported the phoenix code to run on the Arc32. There are several threads that talk about it on the Lynxmotion site, including: http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6042

I will try to answer some of these questions. Nathan (Acidtech) may want to add additional information.

1. The code in this thread is to only replace the SSC-32, it simply takes SSC-32 commands coming in and emulates them. That is not to say that you could not try to add additional code to this, but simply this code is only emulating the SSC-32.

2. As of the last time I looked at this, he had no support for sequences, nor do I think he has any support for the SSC-32 register commands or the like so I am pretty sure it wont work with SEQ.

3. As I mentioned I don't think this code has any support for the commands associated with storing sequences...

But back to simple question can you replace BB2-BAP28/SSC-32 with an Arc32 for something like a phoenix and setup code to run sequences. The answer is yes as my Arc32 based phoenix does this. BUT...

a) My phoenix code includes sequence emulation code, that can take a stored sequence and run it like the SSC-32. I am not saying it has 100% of the functionality, like the released version does not have any speed scaling, but a currently unreleased version will add that soon. Again I believe all of this code is up in the thread I mentioned earlier.

b) My current code does not talk to SEQ, I was earlier playing with having it connect into Zenta's PEP, but not sure where I left this.

c) Downloading sequences. I had a VB app that could read a sequence file (either the CSV or the binary version. It has some ability to modify them. I then had a program on the BAP or ARC32, that the VB app could talk to and store the sequence into the EEPROM of the ARC32. I also had this code integrated into my Arc32 phoenix code.

Hope that helps
Kurt (KurtE on Lynxmotion)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

There are enough differences(like the register commands) that it won't replace SSC-32 for use with SEQ. I've been really busy the last 6 months so I haven't had a chance to added the sequencer and to debug working with SEQ. Its in my todo list but my todo list can be a year long in some cases. :( The current version just emualtes the SSC-32 commands(not the advanced sequencing commands that were added in a later release). And a few of the commands don't directly translate. For example reading pin states on an SSC-32 only lets you read the A/B/C/D pins analog or digital. On the ARC-32 the pin read back command was changed so you can read the state of all the pins(including the 16 analog capable ones). Of course any of this can be changed since the complete source code has been posted. Maybe Kurt will be nice and add his sequencer code to it until I get a chance. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm 
Master

Nathan,

Would you consider adding SEQ sequence save and read commands to AtomBasic? Just enough overhead so that a short program running on the ARC-32 could emulate the EEPROM services of the ARC-32. And of course, enough support so that another "runtime" program could access the sequences like the ARC-32 does. Theoretically it could all be done from the EEPROM commands, of course.

Alan KM6VV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure what you mean, Alan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 pm 
Master

Hi Nathan,

Just suggesting that to help the ARC-32 better emulate an SSC-32, some library functions (built in Basic functions) to read/write sequences like on the SSC-32 would be useful. Could probably be built upon the EEPROM routines.

Alan KM6VV