BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Lost Accounts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:43 pm 
Master

When the new forums were introduced people immediately started having login problems. Somewhere in the process the database was broken and has now been declared unfixable. If you are reading this you either are a new member who signed up after the initiation of the new forums or laboriously created (or had) a second email account to use to create a new account. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. New members need not take the following action, your account is OK.
For previous members, this account failure may also mean you can no longer sign into Basic Micro to order parts or contact us for support. We now offer to manually reenter you into the system database under the old account or the new account you used to get into the forum to read this. You can't have two system accounts. Contact sales@basicmicro in an email and supply the name and password for the account you want to use as well as the information for the one you want to eliminate. This will make logging in at all basic Micro sites possible again.

Yes, it even happened to me. I went from kjennejohn to kenjj. I still sign in here as kenjj, but I had to reinstate my kjennejohn account to order parts recently. I am now a moderator here, so I stayed kenjj on the forum.
Modern technology is a pain sometimes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]