BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RoboClaw 2x60A USB - Linux C library needed
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:29 pm 
New User

My company is currently testing 2 RoboClaw 2x60A USB for a robotics project but can't use it without a proper library under Linux/gcc. It is working properly with Arduino Yun but can't use it for the real deal.
I'm looking for a C library for but couldn't find any. Is it available? (.c/.h files)

Thanks,
Andrew

Post subject: Re: RoboClaw 2x60A USB - Linux C library needed
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:25 pm 
Master

I am not sure if there are any official libraries, but I do have stuff that works on Linux. Earlier I was playing around with some rovers to run using a Raspberry Pi and a Beagle Bone Black... Details on the thread: http://forums.orionrobotics.com/topic70.html

I keep information about my Linux projects up on github including source code: https://github.com/KurtE/Raspberry_Pi
The Roboclaw stuff is using some of my other helper stuff in the library directory. Not saying anything is perfect here, but might help get you going.

Note: The project up there is not just specific to the RPI but that was the first linux box I started with. I have most of my projects compiling and on some parts tested on Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black, Odroid U2(U3 but not much testing yet), Intel NUC (Not much testing of different parts here)

Also I have recently made some modifications to the Roboclaw library including a version that you pass a stream object into, that I have used on Teensy 3.1 processors. When I get back to working on rovers, I will fold these changes into my Linux code base as well. Again all of this is up on github in my Orion project, the stream version is: https://github.com/KurtE/Orion/tree/mas ... ClawStream

Post subject: Re: RoboClaw 2x60A USB - Linux C library needed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Currently we do not have any C/C++ libraries written for Roboclaw. Arduino libraries would be the closest. There is also the source code for the Windows Roboclaw Library. But both will take some work to convert for Linux.