BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PWM Control Roboclaw 2×30A
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 am 
New User

Hi, I've just got my Roboclaw 2×30A today and wanna do some simple test on it. I am wondering if I can use PWM generated from Arduino Due as input signal in the RC mode. So I tried several times then it was weird that I successfully drove my motor in the first two times, but after that the motor just didn't move! It seems everything is okay and the wire connection is good. I used four 1.5V batteries as the logical battery of Roboclaw and connected the +5V and ground pins of S1 to my arduino due board. I generated a simply repeated high and low voltage signal on the I/O pin of aduino and connect that to the control pin of S1. The duration of high voltage is 2ms and low is 1ms. The test was successful for the first two times and then failed. Is there anything I misunderstood? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: PWM Control Roboclaw 2×30A
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

The PWM has to be in the RC format(eg 0 to 3ms high pulse with a 20ms period approx).

If you are using the arduino 5v to power the logic on the roboclaw make sure you have removed the LB-MB jumper on the roboclaw. If you are powering the arduino from the robocawl 5v make sure you aren't also powering the arduino separately. If the arduino is powered separately you should not have any 5v connection from the roboclaw to the arduino, just the signal lines and a common ground.