BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Atom Pro40 with FTDI UM232r won't program
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:55 pm 
New User

I am making a DAC design using an Atom Pro 40 with USB serial communication using a UB232R from FTDI. I had to change the PID on the UB232R so it would work with the Basic micro drivers. Serial in and out works but the Basic Micro studio program will not find the processor or program the chip. All I get is “A basic atom pro must be connected for automatic detection”. I am trying to reproduce the functionality of the USB on the Basic ATOM USB dev board I did my prototyping with. I have connected the send and receive pins to SIN and SOUT and the RTS to ATN. The UB232R uses the same chip which is the Dev board. Can someone clue me in on how to make it work?

Post subject: Re: Atom Pro40 with FTDI UM232r won't program
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:12 pm 
New User

Never mind got it working - driver conflicts. It is difficult to get a FTDI device to work straight up with the drivers that download from windows update. Once they install it seems they won't work correctly with windows 7/64. Then there is a conflict issue even when I tried to use update driver. FTDI support send me a program to remove the conflicting drivers.