BasicMicroUK - Forums

www.basicmicro.co.uk
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Studio Can't Find AtomPro24
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:42 am 
Citizen

We are updating our lab computers here at Irvine Valley College to Basic Micro Studio for the upcoming semester and finding that it can't find the processors, which are Atom Pro 24s purchased in 2009. We happen to have a few (regular, not Pro-) Atom 28s (purchased in 2011) and, when we plug one of those into our prototype boards, it is recognized and seems to work fine with Basic Micro Studio. Is there a compatibility issue here between the Pro 24 processors and Basic Micro Studio? If so, what can we do about it? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Studio Can't Find AtomPro24
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am 
Citizen

Problem has gone away. Not exactly sure why, as I tried many things in desperation. First, just for the heck of it, I tried changing "Basic Atom Pro" to simply "Basic Atom" in the top window, then did a "find processor," and it came back with the true processor, saying "BAP 24 found on com1"--strange, because earlier, when I entered the correct processor in the window, it couldn't find it. (I guess, like my adolescent son, it wouldn't believe me until it figured it out for itself). At that point, however, a new problem cropped up: when I tried to compile a program, it would say "Starting Compiler...
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." After reading the posts of others who got this message, I downloaded "Visual C++ 2008 SP1" from Microsoft.com, and the programs now compile and run fine. I hope this will end the surprises.